Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 19, 2010

of Lotongs and lontongs


i'm not going to write about lontong (a javanese dish), but it's about lotong or also known as silvered leaf monkey or silvery lutung according to wikipedia.











The Silvery Lutung (Trachypithecus cristatus), also known as the Silvered Leaf Monkey or the Silvery Langur, is an Old World monkey
It is orange-colored at birth, and develops its darker adult coat around three months.
living in coastal, mangrove, and riverine forests from Burma to Indochina and Peninsular Malaysia and Borneo.
Since I live in Malaysia, near a mangrove habitat, I actually have them here (Bukit Malawati) and sometimes in my backyard, pooping and peeing and eating all the fruits behind my house. They are more scared of me than I am with them and I am scared of them;so imagine the level of their fear towards humans?? maybe none and maybe i'm just crapping because they do have the guts to come to my backyard and climb the roof and so on..

No comments:

Post a Comment